It’s about that time guys!!! Tailgate season is upon us!! CAN I GET A GO VOLS!!! I few years ago my doctor wanted me to try to go dairy free for three months.. and he told me this RIGHT BEFORE FOOTBALL SEASON! Needless to say I was forced to figure out some dairy free alternatives to my favorite tailgate recipes!! I had several fails but THIS ONE WAS A WINNER!!! Let me tell you, you would never know the difference! I brought it to a tailgate and no one could tell there wasn’t cheese! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
The key is you’ll be making a dairy free ranch and using a dairy free cheese! The cheese is store bought but to make this even easier you can buy a store bought dairy free ranch as well!
INGREDIENTS FOR DAIRY FREE RANCH:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup soy milk* (plain unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Minced Onions (or onion powder)
- pinch of salt and black pepper
DIRECTIONS FOR DAIRY FREE RANCH:
Mix all ingredients together well.
*You can substitute water, coconut milk or any nut milk if trying to avoid soy. Just make sure you choose an unsweetened plain version of milk.
INGREDIENTS FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP:
- all of the dairy free ranch from above
- 2 cans chicken (25 oz total)
- 1 bag of daiya cheddar style shreds (picture below)
- 1 5oz bottle of franks original buffalo sauce
DIRECTIONS FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP:
Mix all ingredients together well. Add more/less buffalo sauce to taste.