Hey everyone! IT’S FRIDAY!!!! I don’t know about you but I’m so ready for the weekend! And I am super pumped about this post because I know how much you’re going to love it!
If you know me (or you’ve read my bio) you know I’ve worked in broadcast television as a designer and stylist for 6+ years and one of the networks I worked for was HGTV.
Not just because I worked at HGTV, but also because I’m a HUGE fan, I know so so sooooo many of you love Fixer Upper! Chip and Jo’s designs make me smile every time I see the reveal, and I can imagine how many of you have said “I want my house to look like that” at the end of every episode.
Well, good news! Your house can absolutely look like it came straight out of an episode of Fixer Upper! And you DON’T have to renovate to do it!
Here are TEN WAYS TO “FIXER UPPER” YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT HAVING TO RENOVATE:
1. Large wall clock – It creates a focal point for your space and it’s a signature Fixer Upper element.
2. A graphic rug – A fun pattern will add interest to your space.
3. Typography wall decor – This is classic Fixer Upper.
4. Industrial bookshelf – Jo loves her open cabinets in the kitchen. To get that look with out renovating try adding a bookshelf to showcase your dinnerware. Josh and I did this in our dinning room. Click here to check it out!
5. Upholstered + tufted furniture – This is another classic Fixer Upper look. The feminine touch of a tufted couch or chair balances out the masculine industrial features.
6. Candles & lanterns – This helps it feel like an authentic farm house.
7. Greenery – Jo always adds some sort of plant or flowers to the spaces she designs.
8. Antique decor – If you watch the show you know Chip & Jo like to go to flea markets & thrift stores to find those unique one-of-a-kind pieces to decorate with.
9. Farm house table – I think this is a given…
10. Cake stand – Having out a cake stand with fresh baked goods makes your home feel even more inviting. I love that Jo always has fresh cookies or cupcakes out for her guests.
Some even more exciting news to finish out this post… I have officially started my own business, Maria Murphy Creative, where if you’re looking for extra help to “fixer upper” your home or have any other design needs I am here to help! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by and reading this one! Hope you all enjoyed it!