I used to hate cooking fish because I could never get it to taste as good as if I was to order it at a restaurant. It would always come out dry and with no flavor. I finally just asked our seafood specialist at our local grocery store and I’m SO glad I did! He gave me some easy tips that I’m so excited to share with you today!
1. Season your salmon with a seafood seasoning (I used “Seafood Magic”) & corse sea salt
2. Let your salmon sit out for at least 30 minutes before you cook it to allow it to get to room temperature.
3. BUTTER!! Butter makes everything better.. put a few good size chunks of butter on your salmon before it goes in the oven.
4. Lemon juice is GREAT! BUUUT don’t put your lemon juice on until RIGHT before it goes in the oven. Lemon juice will actually cook your salmon so if you put it on and wait even just a minute you’ll probably over cook your fish. Instead, as soon as you squeeze on the lemon put it directly in the oven!
5. Cook at 350 for 14-16 minutes depending on thickness. When the salmon flakes apart with a fork then you know it’s done (I’ve never gone longer then 16 minutes on any thickness).
If you try out these tips let me know! Thanks for stopping by!