LAYERED BERRY SHORTCAKE DESSERT!
Ohhhh man!! This is one of my favorites! My MomMom (grandmother on my Dad’s side) has been making this for years using just strawberries, and I started making it a few years back adding the blueberries for July 4th!
It’s very light, fresh, and easy to prepare!
Here’s everything you’ll need!
– 1 angel food cake, sliced and torn into bite size pieces
– 1 (1.5 oz) box of lite instant vanilla pudding prepared according to box directions ( calls for 3 cups of milk)
– 1 large carton of strawberries, washed and sliced
– 1 small carton of blueberries, washed
– 1 large container of lite cool whip
It’s super simple! All you’re going to do is layer the ingredients (in the order listed above) into a large glass bowl.
Start with your angle food cake.
Then add a scoop of your pudding and spread to cover the cake.
Next top your pudding with the berries. Try to make sure you put some along the edges. It will help make it look pretty from the outside of the glass once you’ll all done 🙂
Last layer is the cool whip!!
And then repeat!
I usually have 3 layers total, ending with the cool whip. I like to make sure the top layer of cool whip is a little thicker then the rest so I can decorate it with berries!
See, super easy! Make sure to keep it chilled in the refrigerator until you’re ready for it to be served.
Hope you enjoy it!